Whyte Avenue Art Walk
July 7 – 9, 2023
What is the Whyte Avenue Art Walk?
The Whyte Avenue Art Walk is Edmonton’s first Art Walk with 400 artists lining the streets of Old Strathcona during the second weekend in July to share their creative talents. People are invited to buy art directly from the artists and watch as they create. All visual artists, brave enough to share their work, are welcome to participate. The Art Walk is a non-juried event that attracts professional artists, amateurs, and students.
“Imagine a 4 km walk through the hearts and minds of artists. Cultural explorers are invited to see art-making in action on the streets of Old Strathcona, a vibrant art district in the historic centre of Edmonton, Alberta. More than 400 visual artists bring their art supplies and artworks out into the streets. Together they create an outdoor studio and gallery spanning several blocks. Art Walk reveals Alberta’s hidden talent and provides an opportunity for patrons to curate their own art collection from many undiscovered masters.” Kim Fjordbotten, Art Walk Producer for its first 25 years, The Paint Spot
Presented by Activate Arts Alberta
Dates: July 7 – 9, 2023
Times: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Location: On the streets of Old Strathcona
Visit the Edmonton Public Library’s tent and:
- Experience delightfully artsy stories and songs for the whole family! Storytimes will be held at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Create imaginative art, grab a Bingo card and explore Art Walk.
- Sign up for a FREE library card and more!
- Register forSummer Starts at EPL,EPL’s annual summer program for kids.
Grab delicious snacks at the Farmers’ Market!
Friday: Noon – 4 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 3 pm
Sunday: Noon – 4 pm
• Kettle Korn, mini doughnuts
• Bubble tea and fresh squeezed lemonade
The Market stall will supply the following items:
• Hot dogs
• Jamaican patties
• Cheese empanadas
• Spring rolls, pop, water, and kombucha.