Are you an artist looking to sell and showcase your work?
The Art Walk is a non-juried event that attracts professional artists, amateurs, and students. Over 450 artists display more than 6000 pieces of art over the 8 city blocks along Whyte Avenue in Old Strathcona over the 3-day event. People come to view the artmaking, meet the artists, and buy art directly from the artists.
Guidelines for Registration
Each display must be ORIGINAL artwork. Artists are encouraged to create art at their spot.
One-of-a-kind work will be accepted in the following mediums:
– Oil painting
– Acrylic painting
– Watercolour painting
– Drawing (graphite, charcoal, soft or oil pastel, other dry media)
– Sculpture (stone, clay, metal)
– Mosaic paintings
– Printmaking (etching, silkscreen, lithography, woodcut)
– Caricatures and Portrait Drawings are encouraged
– Photography (limited spots)
Artists are fully responsible for bringing all display material, including tables, easels, chairs, paints, ways to accept payment etc. The event goes rain or shine and we ask that artists exhibit for the entire weekend.
Prices will remain the same as 2019 – $200+GST for a tent space (10’x 10′), $100+GST for a table (5′ x 8′). Prices are for the weekend. We will place you based on your preference and a first come, first served basis as best we can.
Registration for 2022 Whyte Avenue Art Walk is open until June 15, 2022.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT FOR PARTICIPATION
- The Whyte Avenue Art Walk agrees to allow the undersigned Exhibitor to use their assigned space within the restrictions outlined by their assigned vendor (a registered Art Walk merchant) from July 8 through July 10, 2022.
- The Whyte Avenue Art Walk reserves the right to move an Exhibitor’s location without notice for any reason deemed fit.
- The Whyte AvenueArt Walk shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or other claims whatsoever arising from the Exhibitor’s use of the space.
- The Whyte Avenue Art Walk assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any property displayed. The Exhibitor acknowledges they are responsible for property left unattended at their own risk.
- The Whyte Avenue Art Walk reserves the right to cancel this contract without reimbursement if the exhibitor fails to abide by the rules and regulations set forth in the Art Walk 2022 handouts.
- The Exhibitor agrees to leave the premises clean and to repair at their own expense any damage caused by their exhibition.
- The Exhibitor agrees to limit their presentation to the assigned space provided.
- The Exhibitor agrees to comply with all local Fire, Health and Safety regulations. (No smoking)
- The Exhibitor bears all risks of inclement weather and expected to still participate within reason.