Guidelines for Registration
Each display must be ORIGINAL artwork. Artists are encouraged to create art at their spot.
One-of-a-kind work will be accepted in the following mediums:
– Oil painting
– Acrylic painting
– Watercolour painting
– Drawing (graphite, charcoal, soft or oil pastel, other dry media)
– Sculpture (stone, clay, metal)
– Mosaic paintings
– Printmaking (etching, silkscreen, lithography, woodcut)
– Caricatures and Portrait Drawings are encouraged
Artists are fully responsible for bringing all display material, including tables, easels, chairs, paints, ways to accept payment etc.
Set up starts at 10:00 AM on Fridays.
Take down starts at 5:00 PM on Sundays.
To accommodate for physical distancing – set up and take down will be scheduled by the event organizers.
WIFI is available
How to Register & Book your Location:
*Must be available for the entirety of the weekend Friday to Sunday.
*Must be at least 18 years old to register
1) Complete the registration form – link is further below.
2) Choose your booth/table weekends and location in our booking system. You will be redirected to the booking site once you complete your registration. The booking link will also be included in your registration email confirmation.
3) Artists will be able to select
The booth or table location(s)
The weekend(s) they would like to attend
A follow up email will be sent out with more details & a confirmed load in time a week before the scheduled weekend.
Location & Prices:
Upstairs 10’x10’ Booths – $150 + $7.50 GST + $2.00 processing fee = $159.50
Downstairs 10’x10’ Booths – $100 + $5.00 GST + $2.00 processing fee = $107.00
Downstairs 8’ x 5’ Tables – $60 + $3.00 GST + $2.00 processing fee = $65.00
You are welcome to purchase two booths beside each other if you should choose to extend your booth. You will be required to buy both booth locations.
NO sharing booths with other artists.
We are requesting only 1 person to attend each booth/table. This is due to the restricted capacity in the building. We will provide volunteers to watch over booths if artists need a break. You’re welcome to bring assistance to help set up but they are unable to stay with the artist throughout the day.
Controlled Entrance: Capacity will be restricted in accordance with the public health guidelines. Patrons will have to pay to enter (Artists will receive 1 free pass to enter on a weekend they are not participating in)
The Booking Site will take MasterCard and Visa. If you need to pay cash or debit, please go to the Paint Spot for assistance.
Please contact event organizers to be put on a waiting list if registration is full – email@example.com
We need your commitment to make this work! There are no cancellations or refunds with the exception of COVID-19 exposure or illness. In this case, we will work with you to find an alternative weekend or refund fees. All fees will be refunded if the event is cancelled due to increased health restrictions
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
The Whyte Avenue Art Walk will be following all health guidelines in accordance with the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the safety of all our artists, staff, volunteers and patrons.
We will have the following measures in place:
- The market layout will be set up to accommodate social distancing with 2 metres between each exhibit with the exception of an artist purchasing two booths or tables beside each other.
- MASKS are mandatory for all artists, staff, volunteers and patrons.
- Recommended hand sanitizing or washing hands between transactions
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the market however we recommend each exhibit have their own.
- 15% capacity in the facility
- Entrances will be controlled
- Enhanced cleaning at the end of the day
- Load In/Load Out will be scheduled and controlled to accommodate social distancing.
- All artists will be asked to fill out and submit the AHS questionnaire prior to arriving each day
- Contact information will be required for contact tracing
- Artists are asked to notify the event organizers if experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms
- Artists are to follow the guidelines for testing & isolation required by AHS
If exhibitors do not comply with the health guidelines, they will be provided a warning or asked to leave without a refund.
NOTE: You will be asked to complete a registration form and then redirected to a booking site where you choose your weekend and pay for your booth. Please click twice on the booth location of your choice to select it.